Monday, February 8, 2010

Back in Action

Wow, almost a month without my computer. I felt so disconnected. But - all is well, I have a branny-new laptop. Actually my computer guy, Chris, won't let me call it a laptop, I have to call it a notebook. That's because he says I'm not allowed to use it on my lap. I wonder if that is why I go through a laptop every two years, could be??? Anyway, I have a new one now and one of those cooler pads so I can use it on my lap, but I will try to get used to calling it a notebook. I don't want anyone to confuse it with a netbook. I got my husband one for Christmas and he hasn't used it yet. He really wanted it too, go figure. Anyway, I made do with it while I was without, but I really didn't like it at all. I don't like the tiny screen and the fact that nothing fits right. I used it a couple of times with the old desktop monitor I had and that was better, but then I had to sit at the desk! No fun. Well, I am on the internet, but I still don't have everything loaded on my "notebook" yet. I don't have Word or my Creative Memories picture program or all my documents, pictures, etc., from the old hard drive. I need Chris for that. Oh I suppose I could do all that, but it's better when Chris does it because it goes on right the very first time. Besides, there are always these other little things that I forget, that he remembers. So I will await Chris' arrival for that.
I must say that we had just backed up everything from my computer on to an external hard drive the day before it died. Can you believe that? I have everything and didn't lose a thing. Really exciting since I lost the hard drive in its death.
That's about all for now. I have many things I'd like to blog about, but way too much other stuff to do now. Bye for now.

1 comment:

  1. There's nothing worse than losing everything on your computer! Thank goodness you were smart enough to back it up. We've finally gotten into the habit also. I'd just die if I lost all my photos!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, Ellen!

    ReplyDelete